Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What factors change density?
- Pressure ++ or --
- Temp +- or -+
An educated guess
An explanation based on evidence
An atom with uneven amounts of protons and neutrons
An atom with uneven amounts of protons and electrons
- Visible Light
- Gamma Ray
Formation of the Solar System
- 1. nebula collapsed
- a near by star explodes
- two nebulas collide
- 2. the nebula flatens, spinns, and gets hoter
- 3. the gas and dust inside collide, makeing planetesimals
- 4. the planetesimals collide to make planets
- 5. the sun is formed by nuclear fusion
How are distances in pace measured?
- Light Year - the distance it light goes in a year
- Astronomical Unit (AU) - the distance between the Earth and the sun
A change in position
When two hydrogen nuclei combine to form a helium and energy
Law of Universal Gravitation
- Every thing has gravity, G=M*D
- Mass up, gravity up
- Distance up, Gravity down
- 1. Planets travel in an ellipticle orbits (__)
- 2. A planet moves faster when it is closer to the sun
- 3. A planet that is closer to the sun moves faster than a planet farther way
Perihelion and Aphelion
- Close to the sun
- Far from the sun
Formation of the Earth?
- 1. a lumpy planetesimal is formed
- 2. it gravity makes it a perfect spere
- 3. it became cooler
Formation of the Moon?
Evidence- scientists foung thr same meterials in the moon and the earthe mantle
- 1. mars sized object hit Earth
- 2. debris ejected
- 3. gravity pulled it into a ball and into orbit
Waxing and Waning?
- Getting bigger moon on right
- Getting smaller moon on left
Types of Tides?
- Neap tides- Small diference in high and low tides, during quarters
- Spring tides- Great diference in high and low tides, during full and new moons
Reason- the moons gravitational pull
Perigee and Apogee?
- Moon is closest to earth
- Moon is farthest from earth
Reason- the tilt of the earth (23.5)
- North gets most sun on the Summer Solstice (June 21)
- North gets least sun on the Winter Solstice (Dec 21)
- After winter when the South and North get the same sun it is the Vernal Equinox (Mar 21)
- After summer when the South and North get the same sun it is the Autumn Equinox (Set 21)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview