The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Observe, Orient, Decide, Act - concept applied to combat operations processes. Boyd's work sought to maximize speed of the loop. In War, Agility favored over power.
How to optimize OODA loop?
- 1. Enhance Intrinsic Ability - think, orient, move faster
- 2. Mitigate Stress - sight, hearing, concentration improvement
The process of applied knowledge, skills and emerging technologies to improve and preserve the capabilities of DoD personnel to execute essential tasks.
Three components of HPO.
- Socioemotional - aggression, committment, morale, anxiety, motivation
- Physical - strength, agility, endurance
- Cognitive - mental acuity, intelligence, memory and resilience.
the resouces to withstand, recover and/or grow in the face of stressors and changing demands
Three types of HPO.
- Enhancement: pre-deployment use of performance tech to improve performance above baseline
- Sustainment: deployment - keeping the performance at baseline beyond the point which it would normally not be possible
- Restoration: post deployment, returning an operators degraded performance back to baseline
Steps of HPO.
- 1. analyze OODA loop - what are we asking them to do?
- 2. analyze intrinsic abilities
- 3. analyze extrinsic factors - stressors.