Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
He was appalled by the damage from the fire.
to fill or overcome with horror, consternation, or fear; dismay
Cheating on your homework is no small bagatelle
The brigand robbed the bank
Juliet was a callow when it came to love
immature or inexperience
Piggy corpulent body is the but of all the jokes
large or bulky of body; portly; stout; fat
Many people were decapitated during the french Revolution.
The church sent emissaries to negotiate a peace.
- a representative sent on a mission or errand
- an agent sent on a mission of a secret nature, as a spy
Lying make me livid
- having a bruise caused by beatings
- dull blue, dark, grayish blue
- enraged, furiously angry
His first basketball coach had been a loud and demeaning martinet.
- a strict disciplinarian, especially a military one
- someone who stubbornly adheres to methods or rules
Elizabeth Taylor has a penchant for husbands.
a strong inclination, taste, or liking for something
He is a bonafie raconteur
a person who is skilled in relating stories and anecdotes interestingly
The school contructed rails for the handicaped
- a bar of wood or metal fixed horizontally for any of various purposes, as for a support, barrier, fence, or railing
- a fence
- I tore their raiment in anguish.
clothing; apparel; attire
The fight caused the rift between the two friends
- an opening made by splitting, cleaving
- an open space, as in a forest or cloud mass, or a clear interval.
- a break in friendly relations
Facing a tough decision, he decided to ruminate before making his thoughts known
- to chew
- to meditate or muse; ponder
He sat in sullen silence after he was grounded for a month.
to be sulky, bad-tempered or gloomily silent
She held the thread yarn taught between her fingers
- tightly drawn; tense; not slack
- emotionally or mentally strained or tense
- in good order or condition; tidy; neat.
My mom is a termagent being.
a violent, turbulent, or brawling woman.
He was wistful, missing friends to play outside with.
- melancholy; longing; yearning.
- pensive, especially in a melancholy way.
I had a yen for apple pie
- a desire or craving
- japanese currency