Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Sx (Alka and Acid)
Combines cognitive, sensory, and emotional components - in addition to psychological aspects - can block the individual perception of pain is
Gate Control Theory
Relating to pain management, the health care organizations are expected to:
i.e. Joint Commission Standards
*Recognize the clients
- *Assess pain in all clients
- *Record the results
- *Educate in pain assessment & Manag
- *Determine competency
- *Establish policy and procedures
- *Ensure pain doesn't interfere with participation and rehabilitation
- *Include Client's needs for sx mng't in discharge planning process
- *Collect data to monitor appropriateness and effectiveness in pain management
PQRST stands for? (i.e. Memory Trick)
- Onset - when did it start
- *Provokes the pain (aggravating factors)
- *Quality of pain (gnawing, pounding)
- *Region (location) and rediation to other body sites
- * Severity (qty. 0-10 scale) 0=no pain & setting (what causes the pain)
- * Timing (onset, duration, frequency)
Gnawing, pounding, burning, stabbing, pinching, aching, throbbing and crushing are examples of?
Quality of pain
___ may ignore their pain, believing it is a consequence of aging.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview