Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
3 things Kinetic Theory of Matter states.
- 1.All matter is made of atoms and molecules (tiny particles)
- .2.particles are always in motion
- 3.all the same temperature, more massive particles move slower then less massive.
Metric prefixes in order.
nano, micro, milli, centi, kilo, mega, giga
What is Distance?
Distance is how far.
What is Displacement
Getting placed somewhere else.
get faster, slow down, change direction
Constantly getting faster or at constant speed = velocity
What is the unit of force?
Newton's Laws of Motions:
- Law of Motion - An object at rest stays at
- rest and an object in motion stays in motion
- Law of Conservation of Energy - Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
- Law of Inersia - The ammount of force or energy put in is the ammount given back from the object you're pushing.
What is Mass and what is Weight
- Mass - how much the object is made up of
- Weight - how much the object really weighs
Two factors that affect an obj momentum?
Mass and velocity!
kinetic and potential
any moving object
gravitational potential energy
energy with gravity to keep things in place
elastic potential energy
stretching or squeezing
TRANSFER of energy as heat
heat moves in a CURRENT
the heat moves in all directions in free space
Solubility is what kind of change
never changes substance
Tiny units that determine the properties of all matter
cannot be broken down or seperated
substances made up of two or more different elements chemically combined
smalles uinit of a substance
single element or compound
combo of 2 or more substances
not uniform throughout
how many protons are in an atom
number of protons plus neutrons
same number of protons and electrons but different number of neutrons
postitive and lose electrons
Which group NEVER forms ion
group 18 b/c they have the octect rule already
electrons that transition from metal to non metal and are strong and energetic
single covalent bond
- 1 pair of electrons shard
- weak and low energy
Double co bond
2 pair of electrons shared between non metals
triple co bond
- 3 pair elect shared between non metals
- most energetic
- trans. between metal and metal
- rare and weak
- between wtaer and water
- loose attraction
- water sticking
4 MAJOR types of chemical rxns
4 major types of chemical rxn
- single disp
- double disp
rxn where water breaks down
4 main types of nuclear radiation in order of danger
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview