Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Identify the movements associated with the following hormones:
1. Growth hormone
- 1. AAs into cells
- 2. Glucose into cells
- 3. Glucose out of cells
- 4. Reabsorption of water
What are the classes of hormones?
- Protein-peptide hormones (prolactin, ADH...)
- Amine hormones (Epinephtine, norepinephrine)
- Iodothyronines (T4, T3)
- Steroid hormones (Androgens, estrogens, cortisol...)
How are amine, iodothyronines, and steroid hormones synthesized?
Which hormone types require carrier proteins?
3 classes of hormone receptors
- G-protein coupled receptors
- Protein tyrosine kinases
- Ligand-gated ion channels
What is the mechanism of steroid hormone action?
- Receptor-hormone dimers form
- Bind at chromatin to express or repress a gene
What is the mechanism of thyroid hormone action?
- T4 activated to T3
- Regulates expression of DNA
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview