The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Divisions of the PNS
Sensory or Afferent: carries info TO cns from body sensor receptors.
Motor of Efferent: carries info FROM CNS to effector organs (muscles and glands)
Divisions of ANS
Organs and tissues they supply
- Sympathetic Division:
- fight or flight
- visceral blood vessels constrict
- bronchioles in lungs dilate
- liver releases glucose to blood.
- gastro activity dampened.
- exercise, excitement, emergency, embarrassment
- supplies VISCERAL ORGANSA, in body cavities AND
- VISCERAL structures in somatic parts of the body... glands and smooth muscles, hair raising arrector pili muslces.
Division of ANS
ORgans and tissues they supply
- craniosacral division.
- glossopharyngeal and vagus cranial nerves.
Sacral outflow: rest of large intestines and pelvic organs.
Neurotransmittors of Sympathetic and Parasympathetic:
all use ACH preganglionic.
- para uses ACH pre and post
- symp uses ACH pre and Norenephrine Post