The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Was made by Amerigo Vespucci
Bering Straight Crossing
Alaska and Siberia border.
Four types of domesticated animals
Chihuahua- to be eaten
Genuie Pigs- to be eaten
- -Stone Age type of groups.
- -Followed the herds around to determine where they should settle.
- -Constantly moving around
- -Subsistence agriculture.
- -Development of agriculture, higher tools, and written language.
- -Small villages. 100 people or less.
- ex.) Maya, Aztecs, and Incas.
- -Large population groups
- -Ability to produce surplus of food.
- -Leads to advanced civilizations
- -Southern Mexico and Guatemala. 800 CE. Peaked during 1000.
- -Tikal was the capital city
- -Advanced in Astronomy and Mathematics.
- -Known to be the most advanced civilization in their days subjectively
- -Empire collapsed 1200. Took step backward to semi-sedentary.
- -Repeating Number pattern
- -Earth revolves around the sun
- -Solar and Lunar eclipse
- -Stars and planets
- -Central Part of Mexico
- -Called themselves Mexica. Spaniards called them Aztecs.
- -Language: Nihua
- -Capital: Tenochtitlan
- -Symbol: eagle, snake, and cactus
- -They were driven to island Texcoco after getting into war with Toltecs.
- -Moctezuma II was in power when spaniards arrived.
3 types of classes set by Aztecs
- -Nobility: Wealthy class.
- -Craftsman: Artistic people. Warriors.
- -Slaves: bottom society.
Aztecs two main gods
- -Quetzalcoatl: God/emperor of mayans. God left in disgrace. Promised to return and destroy the world.
- -Huitzilopochtli: god of the sun. Sun wouldnt come up unless they did a sacrifice.
Aztec two type of calenders
- -365 day calender to keep track of year.
- -260 day calender to keep track of religious holy days.
-Both Calenders would aligned every 52 years. Called the year of the god.