Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Acts directly on myocytes to inhibit beta1 and alph1 receptors.
- 1. Prolongs duration of the action potential
- 2. Prolongs refractory period
- 3. Relaxes vascular smooth muscle
- 4. Reduces peripheral vascular resistance
Amiodarone is used to treat life threatening ventricular and supraventricular dysrhythmias
- Known Hypersensitivity
- Cardiogenic shock
- Severe sinus bradycardia
- Advanced AV block
- 1. Cardiogenic shock
- 2. Brady dysrhythmias
- 3. Muscle weakness
- 4. Dizziness, vomiting
- 300 mg push, repeat X1 in 3-5 min
- Perfusing VT:
- 150 mg over 10 min followed by a 1 mg/min over 6 hours. Max 2g/day
Rapid, long elimination creates high risk of toxicity
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview