The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
is some statement of fact that is proven time an time again
a stament which is based upon educated obserationbs, tested, aand may be proven
- conservation of mass/matter- matter cannot be created or destroyed but can be rearranged.
- COnseration of energy- energy remain constantrin a system and cannot be recreated, but can change forms.
- momentum-toal mometum remain the smae unless acted upon by an outside fornce.
- conservation- electric charge can neither be created nor destryed but is always conserved.
- boyles' law-speciied amount of gas kept specified temperature, pressure and volume are inversely proportiobal (while one increases the other decreases)
- Ideal gas law- the state of amoount of afs is determine dby its presseure , volume and temperature.
- mass-energy equivalence0 when a body has a mass it has a certain energy even if it is not movoing.
- Gerneral relativity- gravitatiobal attractionb between masses is a result of the nearby masses. gravity has waves.
- first law:inertia-an obhject will remain at rest of in motion unless acted upo by an outside force.
- second-acceleration- an object will move in the direction of the force appolie dto it. the object acceleration is proportional to the force applied to it and inversely proporitobal to the mass of the object.
- thrid- reciprocal actions- for every action ther is an opp and equal reactionl.
- fouriers law of heat conduction- the transfer of heat moves through matter from higher temperatures to lower temperatures in order to equalize difference.s
- general law of graveitiaton- discribes the gravitiational attration betwen tow masses ; grativitiaon force between two objects is equal to the gravitiational contant times the product of the two masses divided by the distance between them squared.
- ohm's law-measures voltage and current in electrical circuits ; states that the curren tgoing throug a conductor is equal to the volatae divide by the reisitor.
- faraday's law of indeuction- explains thw ways that volatage can be generated; any chating that the magnetic enviroment of a coil of wire will cause voltage to be produced.
- natural selection -indivisdual organisms with favable traits are more likely to survie and reprodue
- evolution-the world is in a constant state of change
- commne sesecent-every group of living things on earth desced from common ancestors.
- mulitplation of species-species split into or prodcue other species depending on geogrphical location
- gradualism-changes occour through thte slow gradual change of population not thgorugh fast suddne production of new beginnings
kepliers laws (planetary motion)
- ellipses-the path of the palnets arount eh sun is an elliptical shpae with the center of the sun being the focus.
- equal areas- the speed of the planets is constantly chnaigng. a planet moves fastes thwen it is new ath sun and slwest when it is further away.
- hamonies-compares the orbital periods and the radius of the orbit of a planet to the oter plabets; provides an accurate description of the time an dthe distance for the palanets orbit aroung the sun.