Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Four basic types of tissues
Four functions of epithelial tissue
Why doesn't epithelial tissue heal well?
Lacks blood vessels
Three (sub)types of epithelial tissues identified by cell layers
What are pseudostratified tissues?
They contain one layer of cells connected at the basement membrane. They appear to have multiple layers (but don't).
Three (sub)types of epithelial tissues identified by shape
- Squamous (flat cells, looks like fried eggs)
- Columnar (tall, cylindrical cells)
- Cuboidal (cube shaped cells)
Where are simple squamous cells found?
- Air sacs of lungs
- Membranes that line the body
- (They're a single layer of flat cells)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview