Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -Extremely vibrant
- -any size and style stringed instrument.
- Primary top wood for Martin guitars.
- -Chosen for its straight, uniform grain,
- longevity and tensile strength.
- -Prized for its similarity in color to European (German) white spruce
- -extremely light weight which
- seems to produce a slightly louder, more projective
- or “open” sound than Sitka spruce.
ITALIAN ALPINE SPRUCE
- Trees grow very slowly at such high elevations that
- the annual rings are generally closely and evenly
- spaced. Wood is light enough to vibrate freely yet
- strong enough to withstand the tension of steel
- -Attributes similar to red spruce, it’s
- powerful, clear and vibrant.
- Characteristics similar to high elevation European
- alpine spruce. Red spruce was abundant in the 1930s and used on Martin guitars of that era. -extraordinary tone, prized for its projection and tonal clarity, has created a resurgence of demand for “Adirondack” spruce.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview