Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the indirect method on the statement of cash flows?
Reconciles net income to cash flows from operating activities.
What is reported on the Statement of Cash Flows?
- Information about the cash receipts and cash payments for an entity.
- The difference between net income and net operating cash flows.
- Information about investing and financing activities which do not involve cash inflows or outflows.
Two formats permitted for the statement of cash flows.
What is the basic purpose of the statement of cash flows?
The basic purpose is to provide information about the cash receipts and cash payments for an entity to help investors, creditors, and others.
What is the reporting basis of the statement of cash flows?
The reporting basis is cash and cash equivalents.
Name the four major sections in the direct method cash flow statement
- Operating cash flows.
- Investing cash flows.
- Financing cash flows.
- Reconciliation of net income and net operating cash flows.
What is the cash flow category for collections of principal amounts on loans made to other entities?
The category is Investing.
When is a Statement of Cash Flows required?
For all business enterprises which report both financial position (Balance Sheet) and results of operations (Income Statement) for a period.
List the required categories for the Statement of Cash Flows
- Net cash inflow or outflow from Operating Activities.
- Net cash inflow or outflow from Investing Activities.
- Net cash inflow or outflow from Financing Activities.
- Effects of Foreign Currency Translation.
- Reconciliation of net cash inflows/outflows with the reported change in cash and cash equivalents on the Balance Sheet.
- Non-cash Investing and Financing Activities.
What is the direct method on the statement of cash flows?
Thsi method presents actual inflows and outflows from cash operations. Must also disclose the indirect method (reconciliation of net income to cash flows from operations) as a supporting schedule.
Cash flow category for interest paid and received.
This category is Operating Activities
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview