Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Types of sex classification
- Gonadal sex
- Somatic sex
- Phenotypic sex
- Psychologic sex
Describe the two genital ducts and their maturation
- Y chromosome stimulates testis formation - releases testosterone and mullerian inhibiting substance
- Causes males to have Wolffian developent, Mullerian regression
- Without androgen synthesis, females have mullerian development and Wolffian regression
What stimulates testis production of testosterone?
- Human chorionic gonadotropic (HCG)
- Secreted by placenta
What secretes Mullerian inhibiting substance?
Fetal sertoli cells of the testis
What determines sex of hypothalamus?
- Influence of androgens
- Prevent the cyclic release of gonadotropins which eventually regulates female menstrual cycle
- Irreversible differentiation
What causes puberty?
- Increase in the set point for gonadotropin inhibition by sex steroids
- Resulting increase in gonadotropin release
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview