Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the Communication Process Model made up of? Name the 6 parts.
Name 5 types of noise that impact on communication
- Physical : In physical surroundings
- Physiological : Physical discomfort
- Psychological : Negative feelings
- Perceptual : Incorrect perceptions
- Semantic : Misinterpretation
How do miscommunications take place?
- People make mistakes
- People assign different meaning
Name the 3 categories of communication in business
- Internal operational
- External operational
- Personal communication
What communication skills do managers need as senders?
- Clear and complete messages
- Encode messages with symbols
- Select appropriate medium
- Avoid filtering
- Have a feedback mechanism
- Include accurate information
What communication skills do managers need as recievers?
- Pay attention
- Be empathetic
- Understand linguistic styles
If you want to succeed in business what must you have the ability to do?
Write and communicate clearly
Name some communication barriers
- Inappropriate choice of words
- Inappropriate channel or message
- Reciever inattention
- Lack of courtesy
- Non verbal communication does not support the words
- Poor layout and presentation
- Poor timing
- Inadequate feedback
What are some of the reasons managers communicate?
- To convey information
- To help decision making
- To create records
- To motivate employees
- To save money
- To send effective messages
All business communication has basic purposes. What are they?
- To inform
- To explain
- To build goodwill
What are the benefits of effective writing?
- Saves time
- Increases productivity
- Communicates points more clearly
- Builds goodwill
What are the costs of poor writing?
- Wastes time
- Wastes effort
- Loses goodwill
What 6 analysis questions can you ask yourself to avoid communication problems?
- Who? is your audience
- How? can you support your position
- What? are your purposes
- What? information should be included
- What? reader objections should you expect
- What? part may affect reaction
What do employers expect?
The ability to:
- Organise and present ideas
- Listen effectively
- Communicate across cultures
- Use communication technologies
- Practice business etiquette
- Communicate ethically
Why is business communication unique?
- Globalisation and diversity
- Information value
- Reliance on teamwork
- Communication barriers
Media richness theory:
Media richness theory is built on the assumption that organisations select a form of communication based on their ability to reduce uncertainity and equivocality.
Barriers in organisational communication:
- Role ambiguity/ conflict/ overload
- Too much or too little formalisation
- Communication of up/down messages
- The company grapevine
- Communication in meetings
- The influence of time
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview