Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the importance of Neuroglia ?
- Structural and functional support of neurons
- Provides oxygen and nutrients to neurons
Direct communication between sensory and motor neuron
interneuron facilitates sensory-motor communication.
Gray matter consists of
- Neuron cell bodies
- Axon terminals
White matter consists of
myelinated axons connecting different parts of grey matter.
Three layer of meninges
- Dura mater
- Pia mater
Creates cerebral spinal fluid
Choroid Plexuses (ependymal cells)
- choroid plexuses
- thecal space
The circle of willis is
- a ring of arteries that supply the brain
- common source of strokes
What is a tight junction
restrict passage of all but certain material through the blood brain barrier.
at interface between blood and brain, endothelial cells and astrocytes are stiched together by tight junctions
Causes of dementia
- multi-infact dementia
- Misc endocrine disorders, b-12 deficiency
importance of substiantia nigra,
- Death of dopamine secreting neurons in this area is the cause of parkinsons
- located in midbrain.
importance of lewy bodies
- destinqushing feature in PD, Lewy bodies found in affected neurons.
- they damage mitocondria. and caus
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview