The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the definition of impromtu speaking?
Impromptu speaking is a speech that involves an 8 minute speech , and or prepared on the spot
Why do we need public speaking skills?
To inform, persuade, bring goodwill
What are the three 'P's of oral presentations?
- Thoroughly prepare
- Involve their audience
- Use quotes etc creatively
- Often use humour
- Move around
What are the differences between public speaking and conversation?
- Public speaking:
- More highly stuctured
- Requires planning and development
- Often a specific time limit
- The speaker does not have the advantage of being able to respond individually to listeners
- A speakers voice must be adjusted in volume and projection
- Posture is more correct
- Distracting mannerisms and verbal habits are avoided
- Requires more formal lanugage
- Slang, jargon lower the credibility of the speaker even in informal situations