The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. 2 antiparallel chains, form right-handed double helix
- 2. Sugar Phospate outside, bases inside
- 3. 3.4A bases 10 per turn
- 4. Diameter is 20A
- First, a supercoiled DNA molecule has a morecompact shape than does its relaxed counterpart.
- Second, supercoiling may hinderor favor the capacity of the double helix to unwind and thereby affects theinteractions between DNA and other molecules.
Opposite of melting or denaturation, spontaneous reassociation of separated DNA to form double helix
- A-DNA: less hydrated, wider and shorter, base pairs are tilted rather than perpendicular, still right handed
- B-DNA: Watson Crick
- Z-DNA left handed , phosphoryl groups of backbone ar zigzagged.
chemotherpy drug, disrupts DNA structure, prevent access to DNA repair enzymes leading to apoptosis
children of affected parent show symptoms of disease at earlier age than parent