Rule for Corporations and Partnerships
: personal service on or send a request to waive an authorized agent of D, a qualified agent of D, or any partner if D is a partnership.
: if you serve one partner personally, you may then mail process to all other D partners so long as
there is an IL connection. Partner's receiving service by mail must be from IL or is being sued on a IL transaction.
- Notice by Publication: only available if -
- 1) the action must involve D's real property in IL; and
- 2) affidavit swearing that either (i) D is outside of IL; or (ii) after due inquiry D could not otherwise served; and
- 3) must mail to D's last known address if known
- 4) process must be published once per week for three consecutive weeks.