- 1.The enlarged, saclike portion of the alimentary canal, one of the
- principal organs of digestion, located in vertebrates between the
- esophagus and the small intestine.
- 2. The abdomen or belly.
- 3. An appetite for food.
- 1. Easily irritated or annoyed.
- 1. Uneasy and apprehensive about an uncertain event or matter; worried.
- 2. Attended with, showing, or causing anxiety: spent an anxious night waiting for the test results.
- 3. Usage Problem Eagerly or earnestly desirous.
- v. fer·ried, fer·ry·ing, fer·ries
- 1. Nautical
- To transport (people, vehicles, or goods) by boat across a body of water
- 2. To deliver (a vehicle, especially an aircraft) under its own power to its eventual user
- 3. A service and route for delivering an aircraft under its own power to its eventual user.
- 1. One that owns and rents land, buildings, or dwelling units.
- 2. A man who runs a rooming house or an inn; an innkeeper.