Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
- face down
- guajillo red sauce
- sauce can be on side if preferred
- roasted longer ticket time
chipotle prawns are?
Baked, which is traditional, so texture is denser
- Oaxacan mole negro, except traditional and complex version
- bitter and semi-sweet.
- not a simple chocolate sauce
can be prepped either ? or ?
Why can't it be grilled?
- batter dipped/fried or seared
- delicate nature of fish
Can carne asada be well done? Rare?
Yes. But when past med rare, very tough. Can do, but it will be tough like meat gum (extremely chewy). Same w rare.
Blend of Yucatan spices. Annatto seeds are component responsible for distinct color. Ours has Mexican oregano, chipotle, and pineapple juice
- Like meat hash, another pop Latin American dish.
- Ours- ground pork, raisins, chile powder, cinnamon.
Spanish for dough. Dried cornmeal, so our tortillas gluten free.
- traditional Mexican sauce, roasted pepper base, variety of other ingredients. Ours is Oaxacan Mole Negro, w ancho and guajillo chiles, plantains, chocolate, peanuts, sesame, almonds, garlic. Also has bread as binder, so not gluten free.
- -WTF did gluten ever do to anybody?
What are some items brought in directly from Mexico?
Chapulines (grasshoppers), clayudas, mole base, oaxacan cheese, costeno chiles.
5 ingredients that go into our mole negro?
ancho chiles, guajillo chiles, peanuts, almonds, bread, plantains, sesame, garlic, chocolate
Mad Hatcher, Carlton farms, Painted Hills Ranch, Rancho Gordo, Quilceda?...
no hormones or ABs, free range, and humane animal tx.
Ephrate, WA, just west of Gorge
Carlton, OR, SW of Portland
Painted Hills Ranch
Fossil, OR, east or Portland in central OR
Rancho Gordo Beans
Marysville WA, 40 m N of Sea
Long ticket times?
Yucatan Chix, Chile relleno, Churros
No, but ours our hand made, using masa flour. Corn based
Crickets? Really? Where do they come from and how are they prepped?
No, grasshoppers. Brought up in Oaxaca. Toasted in a pan w chile and lime
Asadero- Mexican semi firm mild and tangy cow's milk cheese that we combine w Jack in the Queso Fundido. Good melting cheese. Pasteurized.
semi-soft, like mozz. Stretched by hand, then rolled into a ball like yarn. Unpasteurized.
Hard. Cow's milk. Aged, sim in text to parm but simpler salty flavor. Pasteurized.
Is tora bread gluten free?
no. flour in corn in them
Pequin Jalepeno, chipotle, habenero, serrano, costeno
- Jalepeno, Habenero, Poblano, Serrano
- the rest? dried.
- just hot peppers, son
What is chipotle dried w?
What is guajillo dried w?
Put in what before bottling?
- blanco- white, joven- young
- unaged tequilas unaged, right from still.
Stainless steel barrels, several months but that doesn't affect flavor
min 2 mos, less than 1 yr
at least one year, less than 3
min 3 years in oak barrels.
tequila is aged in?
oak barrels. Barrels can be new, or used whiskey, bourbon, sherry, port, or wine barrels
- t- blue agave. State of jalisco, or a small part of 4 other states
- maguey plant, another kind of agave. Mostly in Oaxaca
- Sotol, made from Desert Spoon plant- not agave. Mostly in Chihuahua
grape brandy mostly from Peru and Chile
sugarcane, mostly from Brazil
Why does drink list have just teq?
Focus just on Latin spirits to compliment food and environment. We can sub another kind of liquor, also sub teq w something else if pref.
fresh lime, lem, oj, and simple
NA refreshment made w water, sugar, and fruits or cereal grains
Horchata? Dairy? Refills?
agua fresca w rice, water, cinnamon, vanilla. Condensed milk in it. Free refills
Which are not made in house? Which are?
Mole bitters, passionfruit puree
jale teq, hib gren, hab teq, kah, horchata, van teq, poq punch.
mellow round bodied easy drinking
alianca vinho verde
effervescent, lt bodied, clean n dry
bright, lt bodied, dry
complex, full bodied, juicy
mellow, round and smooth, soft tannins and fruit
light and vibrant, fruit forward, dry
Villa montefiori cab
powerful, bright, red fruit, med body, tannin
intense, rich berry layers, zesty acidic finish (tannic)
William Hill Cab
supple, dark fruit, soft tannin, earthy body
dry, floral, notes of ripe ras
Yes, lunch counter/day, hosts/night
how late for food?
1am, 7 days/week
- 100 years ago, auto dealership.
- Was part of orig REI space. Just now, office space for bldg owner
James Weimann, Deming Maclise, Rich, Courtney, Dustin Matt
James and Deming opened
When did it open?
Mar 28, 2011
Cool light fixt, metal work?
Most mex in orig- some were brought in and some salv in US on West Coast
Inspired by sign salvaged from restaurant on Gwood ave in 70s and 80s
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview