Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Produces collagen and elastin fibers
found in the lining of GI tract
support cell for nervous system
structural cell of epidermis
provides protection from UV light
Which organ system is incorrectly matched with a primary function
Endocrine system--digestion of nutrients
List the four major types of simple epithelial tissue and give an example of each one.
- Squamous: flat cells; ex. line air sacs of lungs and blood vessels
- 2. Cuboidal: cube shaped cells; ex. line kidney tubules and ducts; surface of ovaries
- 3. Columnar: long, rectangular cells; ex. inner wall of digestive tract and uterus
- 4. Glandular: secreted a product; can be single celled; ex. goblet cells in digestive tract or multi-celled; ex. liver, pancreas
List at least five functional consequences of skin aging.
- 1) reduced sensory perception
- 2) reduced sweat and sebum production
- 3) reduced immune responsiveness
- 4) decreased epidermal turnover and repair
- 5) reduced vascular activity
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview