The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Chlordiazepoxide ( Librium), and Diazepam ( Valium) side effects?
- Lethargy, hangover
- respiratory depression
Chlordiazepoxide ( Librium), and Diazepam ( Valium) nursing considerations
- CNS depression
- Use-anxiety, alcohol withdrawl, seizures
- May result in toxic build up in the elderly
- Potential for physiological addiction/overdose
- Cigarette smoking increases clearance of drug
- alcohol increases CNS depression
alprazolam ( xanax)
oxazepam ( serax)
- Ligh headed
- increased salivation
- ortho hypo
- Memory impaiment
Midalzalem ( versed) SE
- Retrograd amnesia
- Cardiac arrest
- Respiratory depression
Buspirone ( BuSpar) SE?
- Light headed
Buspirone ( BuSpar) Nursing Considerations?
- > 3 weeks to be effective
- Little sedation
- Don't give PRN
- Useful for GAD
- No abuse potential
- Used with clients with previous addications
- Avoid alcohol and grapfruit juice
- Monitor for depression and suicide
Hydroxyzine (visteral) ( atarax) SE?