Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name some Antacids
- Aluminum hydroxide ( Amphojel)
- Calcium Carbonate ( titralax)
- Aluminum hydroxide ( maalox)
- Mag trisilicate Milk of mag
Antacids can cause?
- constipation that can lead to impaction
- phospate depletion
Nursing consideration for Antacids?
- Monitor bowel movement
- Compounds have sodium in them check to see if they are in restriction
- Prolonged dose may lead to addication
- administer with caution those with renal disease
Antacids can treat
- peptic ulcer
- reflex esohagitis
- prevent stress ulcers
Antacids may impair absorption of?
- iron preperations
Maaloz encourage the patient to ?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview