The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Infectious disease that consist of a type of fungi that infect the keratin of the stratum corneum, hair, and nails.
- Cause circular, elevated, red, and scaly lesions of the skin.
- Spread really quickly.
Types of Dermatophytes
- Tinea (or ringworm) capitis. Fungi infection on the head
- Tinea corporis. Fungi infection on the torso of the body
- Tinea cruris. Fungi infection on the inguinal region
- Tinea pedis. Fungi infection on the feet
- Tinea unguium. Fungi infection on the nails
- A chronic inflamatory rash characterized by erythematous papules and plaques found on extensor surfaces and scalp.
- Known for causing "beefy-red" plaques with silver scaling skin.
- Features Rapid Epidermal Hyperplasia.
What is the most important cause of cutaneous cancer?
Ultraviolet light because it causes damage to the DNA, leading to cancer with continued cell divisions.
- Type of disease of the synovial joint
- Most common cause of joint disability
- Is a noninflammatory degeneratioon of articular cartilage manifested in weight bearing joints and fingers
Secundary - underlaying cause (trauma) of Osteoarthritis that affects the patellar cartilage in young people causing pain and stiffness.
5 types of low back pain
Vascular back pain
- Poor vascularity (blood flow) on the back
- Aneurysms or peripheral vascular disease may give rise to symptoms similar to sciatica
Neurogenic back pain
Tension, irritation, and compression of lumbar nerves
u s u a l l y c aused by disc herniation o r s p i n a l i n j u r i e s .
Viscerogenic back pain
Pain caused by visceros/organs in the abdominal wall (kidneys, spleen, bladder or prostate, pancreas).
Psychogenic back pain
- "It's all in your head" pain.
- Emotional overtones may cloud the clinical picture.
Spondylogenic back pain
- Common type of back pain
- Disc generation may occur along the spine producing pain
- Radicular pain. Irritation of spinal nerves
Types/Classification of Fractures
Bone stick out of the skin
Skin stays intact, broken bone stays inside the skin.
Bone it is displaced (moved) out of its normal position.
Broken bone is the result from a disease process (osteoporosis).
Abnormal Spinal Curvatures
A lateral curvature of the spine. ("S" shape curvature)
Excessive posterior curve of the thoracic spine.
An exaggerated cervical and lumbar curve.