Bio 004, College of the Desert
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the three characteristics of Prokaryotic cells?
- 1) No Nucleus
- 2) Few / simple organelles
- 3) small
- Example: Bacteria cells
What are the three characteristics of Eukaryotic cells?
- 1) Nucleus
- 2) many / complex organelles
- 3) Large
- Example: Plant and Animal cells
List three (3) structural prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells.
- 1. No Nucleus,
- 2. Few / simple organelles
- 3. Are small
- 1. Nucleus
- 2. many / complex organelles
- 3. Are Large
List two structural differences between plant and animal cells. How are these structural differences related to the ways the cells function?
- Plants have
- 1) Cell wall and 2) Chloroplast: both are used in plants for photosynthisis.
In what ways do fungi resemble plant cells?
They each have a cell wall
In what ways are fungi and plant from plant cells?
- Fungi: Are small, have multiple nucleus, and chitin for a cell wall, no chloroplast, heterotrophic.
- Plant: Large, nucleus, cell wall.
Describe three ways in which algal cells and plant cells are similar.
- 1) Cell walls
- 2) Chloroplasts
- 3) Photosynthetic or green
Why are algae and protozoa placed in the same kingdom, Protista?
They are both unicellulare
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview