Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Creoles thought that the system benefited Peninsulares more.
They were denied higher position jobs
- Intendent System- new tax collection system
- - outlawed repartimiento.
- -These new jobs were for peninsulares.
- -Couldnt get Military fueros because that was a top job. Creoles were denied high positions.
- -Spain restricted latin american countries to trade with anyone else but Spain.
- -Colonies couldnt compete with Spain.
- - were restricted from producing goods that were made in Spain already.
- - Creoles thought they got less money for what they were making.
- - Growth w/o development.
- -Creoles were denied highest positions.
- -Spanish expelled Jesuits.
- - Jesuits were the teachers that ran the education system.
- - Education system went down for ten years.
- - Hurt creoles.
- -Spanish inquisition started to restrict more and more things that can be learned in school. Narrowing the mentality of a creole/casta.
- -Creoles did not want equality with Castas. Only to Peninsulares.
- -1793 Castas can got to universities .
- -1797 Castas can attend graduate school.
- -1784 slave branding prohibited.
- -dept peons can runaway easier. hurt creoles because they ran the haciendas.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview