The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cytoplasm + DNA
What are the three main functions of roots?
- 1) Anchor the plant.
- 2) Absorb water and nutrients.
- 3) Store food.
Transport H2O and other nutrients from roots. [RTS -> LVS]
- Transport food from leaves to places needed, or to roots for storage.
- [LVS -> RTS]
Where do the following processes take place?
B) Water transport?
C) Absorption of water?
D) Absorption of carbon dioxide?
E) Food storage?
- A) Photosynthesis? Leaves or chloroplasts
- B) Water transport? Xylem
- C) Absorption of water? Roots
- D) Absorption of carbon dioxide? Stomata’s or Stoma or Stomate or leaves
- E) Food storage? Roots
- F) Reproduction? Flower or Ovary pistil and Stamen.
List four plant structures in which you would find vascular tissue.
- 1) Roots
- 2) Stem
- 3) Leaves
- 4) Flower
- 1) Petal
- 2) Stigma
- 3) Style
- 4) Pistal
- 5) Ovary
- 6) Ovule
- 7) Sepal
- 8) Filament
- 9) Anther
- 10) Stamen