Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
D50W, D12W, D5W
The most fundamental form of sugar utilized by the body for energy, and the only source of energy used by the brain.
Rapidly increases circulating levels of glucose in blood
Known or suspected hypoglycemia in the presence of ALOC, or absent gag reflex
- 1. None in the presence of known symptomatic hypoglycemia.
- 2. Use caution in patients with increased intracranial pressure. May worsen cerebral edema, or bleeding
- 1. Severe tissue necrosis with extravasation.
- 2. Wernicke’s encephalopathy, or Korsakoff’s psychosis in presence of thiamine deficiency
- 3. Phlebitis, warmth, or other pain at injection site
- Adult: 25 g of 50% solution IV.
- Peds: 2 mL/kg of 25% solution IV.
Immediate, with peak and duration dependent on degree of hypoglycemia.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview