Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Competes with histamines for H1-receptors in blood vessels, respiratory system, and GI tract.
- 1. Decreases vascular permeability and bronchoconstriction secondary to histamine release. 2. Decreases dystonias
- 3. Sedation
- 4. Decreases nausea
- 1. Allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- 2. Extrapyramidal/Dystonic reactions to anti-psychotics
- 1. Hypersensitivity
- 2. Acute asthma attack
- 3. Pregnancy, nursing
- 4. Narrow-angle glaucoma
- 1. Drowsiness / sedation (excitement in children) 2. Paradoxical anxiety, and agitation in peds.
- 3. Dry mouth / thickened bronchial secretions
- 4. Anaphylaxis
- 5. Seizures
Adult: 25-50 mg IV/IM/PO, rate 25 mg/min IV Peds: <12 y/o contact base hospital for dosing
Immediate via IV, up to 30 min IM. Duration 4-8 hrs both routes.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview