Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Short acting sedative/hypnotic without amnesiac effects.
Induction of brief sedation, and anesthesia
- Induction of brief sedation, and anesthesia for:
- 1. Endotracheal intubation
- 2. Painful procedures such as cardioversion/TCP, or orthopedic manipulation
- 1. Tonic-clonic skeletal muscle contractions
- 2. Apnea, laryngospasm
- 3. Variable CV affects; hyper/hypotension, tachy/bradycardias
- 4. Nausea/Vomiting (Common during recovery)
- Adult: 0.1-0.3 mg/kg IV over 15-30 sec.
- Safety for peds <10 y/o not established
Peak effects <1 min. Duration 3-5 min.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview