The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Synthetic opioid agonist with actions similar to morphine.
Binds to opioid receptors to inhibit ascending pain pathways.
- 1. Management of severe pain
- 2. Supplement to general anesthesia
- 1. Use of MAO inhibitors within 14 days
- 2. Myasthenia Gravis
- 3. Relative in pregnancy, and peds <2 y/o
- 1. Sedation, delirium, dizziness
- 2. Hypotension, cardiovascular collapse
- 3. Resp. depression/arrest
- 4. Nausea/Vomiting (much lower
- incidence then morphine)
- Adult: 25-100 μg IV over 2-3 min.
- Peds: 2 μg/kg slow IV, or IM
Immediate, duration 30-60 min.