1. Warmth: When preparing the room for infant massage, the follow should be considered. The room should be ____ to ___ degrees warmer than normal with no ______.
2. Have blankets on hand in case the infant tends to get _______. Lighting: For lighting, ______ light or _____ light is best, as in ________ light they may become overstimulated.
3. Massage done at home can be given on the floor, _____, _____, ______, or wherever the parent spends time with the baby.
4. Noise : Keep the Environment free from ________ such as ringing phones, ________ , or radio noise. Remember to accomodate other ______.
5. Positioning : _______ positioning is just as important as infant postioning. Parents need back support and infants positoning will change as the baby ______.
6. Lubricant: When massaging, the most preferred types of oil are _____ _____, _________, and ______. This is because they are _______ for babies will put their hands in their mouths. Avoid ______
7. Music: Soft background music can assist the parent in creating the ________ for the massage, as well as promote the ___________ response. Parents ______ can be the baby's favorite music.
- 1. 5 to 10 degrees / drafts
- 2. Chilled / Natural / Low / Fluorescent
- 3. bed, couch, recliner
- 4, distractions / television / children
- 5. Parental / grows
- 6. Grape Seed / sunflower / Olive / Digestible / scents
- 7. Rhythm / Relaxatoin / singing