Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- > 4 cm in size
- transvaginal rectocelerepair is a nonanatomic, longitudinal plication of therectovaginal fascia with the repair continuing onto theperineal body in which any injuries to the puborectalisand perineal muscles also are addressed.successful in preventingvaginal bulging in 80 percent and corrects the need fordigital assistance of defecation in 67 percent ofpatients
- anatomic Bdefectspecific^
- rectovaginalfascial defect is closed transversely.80 percent
- transvaginaltechnique had less recurrent rectoceles than thetransrectal approach (7 vs. 40 percent)
transrectal, anatomic, defect-specific rectocelerepair
- transverse closure of the rectoceleby an interrupted plication of the muscularis anteriorlyas in a Delorme
- relative foreshortening of theanal canal with diminished internal sphincter functionand resting anal pressures leading some toconclude that this procedure is contraindicated inpatients with combined fecal incontinence andrectocele.74alternative is a nonanatomic repaired longitudinally
transperineal techniques or the use ofprosthetic mesh
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview