Biology Ch 8
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe how one gene can make more than one protein in eukaryotes.
Name and describe each type of Protein mutations
- Nonsense Mutation - changes codon to stop codon
- Missense Mutation - changes animo acid
- Slient Mutation - same animo acid = change codon
Name & describe 4 types of Chromosomal abberrations
- Inversions - Chromsome breaks down and reattaches in the wrong order.
- Translocation - a broke segment of a chromosome intergrates into a different chromosome.
- Duplication - a segement of chromsomes is replicated & attached to the original segment in sequence.
- Deletion - occurs when a broken piece is lost or destroyed.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview