The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe how one gene can make more than one protein in eukaryotes.
Name and describe each type of Protein mutations
- Nonsense Mutation - changes codon to stop codon
- Missense Mutation - changes animo acid
- Slient Mutation - same animo acid = change codon
Name & describe 4 types of Chromosomal abberrations
- Inversions - Chromsome breaks down and reattaches in the wrong order.
- Translocation - a broke segment of a chromosome intergrates into a different chromosome.
- Duplication - a segement of chromsomes is replicated & attached to the original segment in sequence.
- Deletion - occurs when a broken piece is lost or destroyed.