Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
When are you required to have either a new or amended dispatch release?
- All revenue flights under part 121
- Intermediate stops lasting over 1 hour
- Before depart fm station where unscheduled stop made
- Acft returns to land after becoming airborne
- Change of PIC
- MEL items either added or cleared
- MX Ferry permit
What does the Max Flight Plan Takeoff Weight, MFPTW, provide?
All non-rwy/arpt related weights including Structural T/O, enroute, T/O alternate, Structural landing, Zero fuel, and others
What does the Primary Runway Takeoff Weight (PMRTW) take into account?
Accounts for Accelerate-Stop/Accelerate-Go, obstacle clearance, Min T/O Climb gradient
What are the limits for QNH (alt setting), compared to Planned QNH (PQNH)?
If acutal QNH is lower than .10" below PQNH, a new TLR must be requested.
When can't reduced thrust be used?
- Anti-skid inoperative
- Wing/or Cowl anti-ice on
- Contaminated runway
- Windshear warnings or downdrafts are in effect
- Using temp from approved nearby airport
- Airports where reduced thrust is prohibited
What is the definition of a wet runway?
Sufficient moisture on rwy surf to cause it to appear reflective, but without significant areas of standing water
Minimum depth of standing water to be considered contaminated?
De-iced/anti-iced, holdover time established. Conducted by flight crew from cockpit of FO inside cabn
Can you depart after your holdover time has expired?
Yes, only after pre-takeoff contamination check is performed and acft is free of contaminates
How is a pre-takeoff contamination check conducted?
No sooner than 5 minurtes prior to takeoff, a visual check of representative surface of wing performed by crew
What is the representative surface checked?
The uheated portion of the left wing
Dramatic change in pressure & density over a few inches of the wing surface. Point where suersonic airflow slows back to subsonic
How does the super-critical wing delay onset of Mach buffet?
Does not accelerate airflow over top of wing. Upper surface of super critical wing is flatter & lower surface is curved, thus increasing onset of Mach buffet to a higher speed
When must the PIC notify the dispatcher of a deviation from the planned release?
- - Enroute/arrival holding > 15 min
- - Rte dev adding > 15 min to ETE
- - Taxi delays > 30 min beyond planned
- - MEL/CDL items not listed on dispatch release
- - Depletion of contingency/extra fuel
- - Arrival at dest < min fuel
- - Change in dest/alt WX
- - Any change in dest/alt airport
Alternate WX mins calculation?
1 nav aid - +400' to DA; + 1 mi/1600m to vis
2 nav aid - + 200 to higher DA of 2 approaches used; + 1/2 mi/800m to higher vis mins of 2 app
Departing VFR requirements?
- VFR conditions reported at field
- VMC can be maintained throughout dept
- Transponder 1200
- Use appropriate VFR alt if level-off required
- IFR clear required within 50NM of arpt
Are special VFR operations authorized?
Visual approach clearance authorized when?
- Within 35NM of destination arpt
- Flt remains in controlled airspace
- VFR conditions exist (1,000ft/3SM)
- Visual contact established with traffic to be followed or contact with arpt maintained
Can live cargo be carried in FWD cargo bay?
Min pavement required for a 180* turn for:
How many PBEs required for dispatch?
4, one for each fire extinguisher