Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) 0.3%
(sip - roe - FLOX - a - sin)
Dexamethasone (steroid) 0.1%
(dex - a - METH - a - sone)
- -Indicated for acute:
- 1) otitis externa also commonly known as swimmer's ear (outer ear infection /infection of the ear canal)
- 2) otitis media w/tubs (middle ear infection)
- - Ciprodex is a combination of powerful antibiotic ciprofloxacin and a powerful steroid Dexamethasone. It works by killing
- the bacteria that cause infection and reduces swelling and pain in the ear.
- - Ciprofloxacin is in a class of medications called quinolone antibiotics
- -Dexamethasone is in a class of medications called corticosteroids
- - combines a steroid with a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, to reduce swelling and fight infection in both the middle and outer ear.