System Based Microbiology
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What causes Oral hairy leukoplakia?
What causes hairy cell leukemia
b cell leukemia
What causes CNS lymphoma in AIDS?
What bacteria cause UTIs?
- Serratia Marscecens
- Staphyloccocus Saprophytics-#2
- Enterbacter Cloacae
- Klebsiella Pneumoniae
- Proteius Mirabilis
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
What 4 tests indicate bacterial UTI?
- pyuria--10 or more neutrophils
- Dipstick--alkaline pH indicates urase + organism
- Leukocyte esterase test--bacterial UTI
- Nitrite + test-----gram-negative UTI
Sterile Pyuria indicates what?
- infection with Chlamydia
- antibiotic therapy
What is the difference between Vaginosis and vaginitis?
- Vaginosis is caused by Gardnarella
- Vaginitis is caused by Trichomonas Vaginitis
What is the difference in disarche between vaginosis and vaginitis?
- Vaginosis--white/gray discharge
- Vaginitis--yellow/grenn discharge
HSV-2/HSV-1 in the genital region remain latent in what ganglia?
Lumbosacral dorsal root ganglia
Aspirin is contraindicated in what infection?
What is Reye syndrome?
encephalopathy and hepatomegaly due to decreased beta oxidation of FA resulting in steatosis and liver change
What Helminth causes rectal prolapse?
What causes chronic carrier infection?
A positive PPD reaction in an Immunocompromised patient involves injecting how much of the PPD and what is the reaction after 48 hours?
Injecting 0.1micrograms and the reaction is 10mm
Diseases transmitted by ticks e.g Lyme, Ehrlichosis, Tularemia, Ricketssiae are all treated with what antibiotic?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview