The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- naturally occurring hormone that causes uterus to contract, thereby
- inducing labor, encouraging delivery of the placenta, &
- controlling postpartum hemorrhage.
IND: severe postpartum hemorrhage
CI: hypersensitivity, prehospital admin before delivery of infant or
PC: before delivery may induce uterine rupture & fetal
- dysrhythmias, hypertension, intracranial bleeding, or asphyxia.
- uterine tone. ECG, and vital signs should be monitored during
DOSE: 3-10 units IM after delivery of placenta. 10-20
- units in 1,000 mL of D5W or NS IV titrated to effect.
NAME/CLASS: microNefrin, Vaponefrin/sympathomimetic agonist
DES: variation of epinephrine used only for inhalation to induce bronchodilation & reduce laryngeal edema & mucus secretion.
IND: croup (laryngotracheobronchitis)
CI: hypersensitivity, hypertension, or epiglottitis
PC: may result in tachycardia & other dysrhythmias. vital signs & ECG should be monitored.
DOSE: 0.25-0.5 mcg in 3 mL NS once by nebulizer. Ped: same