The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Regulating amount of air leaked through outflow valve
EMER DEPR switchlight?
Causes cabin press cont to drive outflow valves fully open to 14,500' +/- 500'
When are you required to perform unpressurized T/O or landing?
APU deferred and performance data requires it
How many motors are avail to activate outflow valve?
3 DC motors
When would RAM air be used?
Unpressurized flight or directed by QRH
PACK TEMP condition?
Affected pack turns off
How does Anti-ice Leak detect controller (AILC) maintain wing anti-icing w/slats extended?
2 separate temps used. W/slats extended, valves modulated to higher temp
Red WING OVHT EICAS msg mean?
Overheat condition in either left or right wing anti-ice duct
Wing anti-ice valves fail to?
Cowl anti-ice valves fail to?
- Open position.
- Valves require air poress & elect pwr
Is there bleed leak detection in aft equip bay?
Yes. 2-channel anti-ice leak detection controller monitors dual loop system in equip bay
External lights required for night taxi?
- WING INSP
AUTO positions of PAX signs provide?
- If cabin alt exceeds 10,000' both sign illum.
- If gear is extended, or flaps > 0* the seat belt sign illum
In ARN< when do emergency Lights activate?
Loss of DC or AC Essential Buses
How long will emergency lights operate?
How are the floor lights powered?
Photo Luminescent strips absorb light energy and glow
Function of ENG FIRE PUSH switchlight?
- Arms squibs on both bottles
- Fuel, hyd, & bleed-air SOVs close
- Eng driven gen shuts down
Function of APU FIRE PUSH switch?
- Bottle squib armed, green light illum
- AUPU shutoff valve closes
- APU fire relay energiced to shutdown APU by closing
- fuel solenoid valve
- APU LCV closes
- APU gen tripped
Msgs heard during EPGWS test?
- TERRRAIN TEST & TERRAIN DISPLAY FAIL msgs
- GPWS FAIL, TERRAIN FAIL, & WINDSHEAR
- FAIL STATUS msg on EICAS
- GLIDESLOPE & GND PROX lights on
- PULL UP, TERRAIN, & WINDSHEAR aural
Is windshear guidance provided?
Only for decreasing performance shears
ROLL SEL switch on glareshield?
- Pressing gives crossside spoileron control
- (both spoilers and on-side aileron)
Guidance provided in Takeoff mode?
- Optimized pitch attitude referenced to V speeds ( V2 &
- VR ratio) and flap setting
- Lateral guidance - heading hold within 5*
Selecting APPR modes enables what?
- LOC & GS capture & tracking
- Clears TURB & 1/2 bank modes
How is the stall speed displayed?
RED/BLACK checkerboard Low Speed Cue