Test 6 Drugs.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Pr: Moeprazole (Prilosec)
- Antiulcer drug
- Proton pump inhibitor
Use: First PPI approved for PUD.
- Available in OTC & Prescription.
- Reduces acid, binds to enzyme H+, K+ ATPase.
- Takes 2 hours to reach therapeutic levels, lasts up to 72 hours.
- Short term 4-8 weeks, peptic ulcers, GERD.
- Longer for Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Most effective for this syndrome.
- Only available in oral.
Alerts: Admin before breakfast on empty stomach.
- My be administered with antacids.
- Should not be crushed or chewed.
Adverse Effects: Headache, nausea, diarrhea, rash and abdominal pain.
Contraindications: Not approved for <18.
Lab Tests: May increase ALT, AST
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview