Describe how to perform the tube motility procedure, include equipment, materials, and the steps involved.
- Equipment: Stock culture, innoculating needle, motility media
- Procedure: Using needle pick up culture, stab down center of media but not all the way down.
- Carefuly remove needle straight out without disturbing stabline.
- Innoculate tube overnight observe for diffuse growth or red color .
- A red growing away from the stab line for a postive test. Negative test has red color only on the stab line