Biology Ch 10
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a gene? What is an allele?
- Gene is a piece of DNA that carries the code for a protein.
- Allele is a specific version of a gene.
What is a haploid/diploid?
- Haploid is where there is only one copy of every gene.
- Diploid is where there are two copies of every gene.
What is phenotype/genotype?
- Phenotype describes the organism's appearance.
- Genotype is the combination of alleles.
List and describe 2 types of traits that do not follow Medelian inheritance pattern.
- Co-Dominance - Both phenotypes expressed together
- Incomplete Dominance - Phenotype of heterozygous is inbetween.
What is polygenic inheritance?
Trait is determined by several genes.
What is pleiotrophy?
It is where one gene has a variety of phenotypes.
Practice Punnett Squares!!
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview