New Testament Overview
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the key points for Matthew?
- Tells of the good news that Jesus is the long awaited Messiah and had come to save Jews and gentiles.
- Matthew one of the 12 disciples is believed to be the author.
- Written before 70AD before the temple was destroyed.
- Most of this gospel is used to show that Jesus is the Messiah.
- He often quotes from the OT and uses the phrase "The Kingdom of Heaven." Because of this many believe he is writting to Jews.
- He presents Christ as the great teacher who helps us understand God's law and tells us about the Kingdom of Heaven.
Where are Christ's teaching found in Matthew:
- Sermon on the mount Matt 5:1-7:27
- Instructions to disciples Matt 10:5-42
- Parables Matt 13
- Meaning of disciplship Matt 18:1-35
- Teaching about end time/coming of Kingdom 24 & 25
What are the key facts for Luke:
- Date: 60AD
- Author: Luke the evangelist.
- Theme: Joy from Mary's song to the birth of Jesus to the disciples joy after Jesus ascension.
Focus:The humanity of Jesus shown through the relationships he had. Names women and speaks of children more than any other gospel.
- Purpose Scripture: Luke 1:1-4 - so that we may know for sure this is true.Key Facts:The longest of the gospels.
- Luke also wrote Acts.
- Style shows luke to be highly educated.He wrote from a greek perspective.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview