The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Length, w/rub rails
41' 3 3/4"
Freeboard, amindships (Frame 7)
Draft (maximum) (Frame 9)
Fixed height above the water line (Top of radar antenna)
Unfixed height above water line (top of AM antenna)
Two, 4-bladed, 26" dia.X 28" pitch
Fuel Capacity (95% full)
Fuel, usable (86% full)
Endurance (Max speed)
Range (displacement less cargo) At 18 knots. (2,000 rpm)
Displacement full load
Displacement, less cargo
30 Kts Winds
8 Foot Seas
1-1 1/2" Broken without much difficulty
2" Slowed markedly
3" Stopped dead in water
4" Can easily severe hull
100 Gross Tons
110V AC Engine Heater:
100 to 120 deg. F
Modified planning hull design Deep V bow spreading Gradually to form a low-dead rise stern.
Longitudinal frame spacing
Transverse frame spacing
Between gunwale and chines
Between chines and keel
Between frames 11 through 13
Forepeak- bow to bulkhead 2 (watertight to main deck)
Passenger Compartment- Bulkheads 2-6 (not watertight)
Engine space- Bulkheads 6-10 (watertight to main deck)
Fuel Tank- 10
Lazarette- Frame 11 to transom (watertight)
Where is the depth finder transducer?
Between Bulkhead 6 and 7 (Depth finder transducer penetrates the hull 18 inch to starboard of the keel)
2 3/4 DBN
What is the anchor chain set up and specs?
- 1/2"*9' galvanized chain
- 5/8 shackle attached to anchor line eye
- 7/16 shackle attached to chafe chain
- 1/2 swivel attached to anchor line
- 3/4 Thimble spliced in eye of anchor line
What is inside the port side berth seats?
- Grapnel hook 4 lbs w/100' 2" DBN
- 4-Wool blankets sealed
- 2-Pillows sealed
- 1- Pair of swim fins
- 1-Swim mask
- 1-Swimmers harness w/70' line
- 3-Helmets, goggles, & gloves
- Heater, hoses & fittings
- Misc, engineering spare parts
- 2 fuel filters, Racor 2040TM
- 1 oil filter, Fleet guard LF 3363
- Belts, alternator, matched set
- Belt, fire pump drive
- Light bulbs, navigation and interior
- Electronic equipment fuses
- Salt water pump impeller w/gasket
What is in the Starboard side berth seat?
- CG Type I PFD with/PML and whistle
- 4 Adult
- 2 Child
What type of bilge pump is on the 41 and what is it rated at?
24V DC submersible-type bilge pumps rated at 1,300 gallons per hour
What is in the Damage Control Kit?
- *Cavas Sheet 4'*4'
- *Rubber Sheet 4'*4'*1/8"
- *Marline, 250' line
- *Wooden Malet
- *Various sizes and numbers of Wooden Plugs and Wedges
- *Various sizes of hose clamps
- *Hacksaw (with sheath) and spare blades
What type of fenders are onboard the 41?
- 8"*30", cylindrical (white)
- 60" circ., (orange)
What type of mooring lines are on the 41?
- 2 3/4" DBN * 30' (2 each)
- 2 3/4" DBN * 60' (2 each)
How many fire extinguishers are on board the 41 and what type?
- two 10LB PKP
- one 5LB CO2
- one 44LB Halon 1301 Canister
Tachometer readings and Range
- Range- 0 to 4000 RPM
- Normal-700 to 725 RPM
- Max- 2300RPM
- Red Line-2700
Water Temp Range and Readings
- Range-100 to 265
- Normal- 165 to 195 degrees
- Hot- above 195 degrees
Indicated be a Red Marking Alarm at hot
Lube oil Pressure range and readings
- Range- 5 to 80 psi
- Idle-10 to 30 psi
- Cruising- 45 to 65 psi
- Minimum allowable- 30 psi
Indicated by Red Marking alarm
Marine Gear Oil Pressure Range and Readings
- Range- 25 to 400
- Idle- 25 to 70
- Cruising speed- 190 to 220
Indicated by a Green Marking
Alternator is indicated by what color alarm
Life Ring Specs
- 24" Diameter
- 5/16 Poly prop attached to float light
How many people can the life raft hold and its contents?
- 50ft sea painter
- sea anchor
- canopy cover
- ballast bag
- buoyancy tubes
- boarding ladder
- towing bridle
- SOLAS B pack
- 1 flexible bailer
- Three-cell flashlight with spare batteries and bulbs
- repair kit
- MK 124 (6)
- MK 79 (2)
What is the Jacket water Capacity?
Oil Capacity and pressure readings and oil type?
- Capacity- 6 gallons
- Idle- 10 to 30 psi
- Cruising- 45 to 65 psi
- Type- 15W40
What type of engines are on the 41?
- Cummins Diesel Model VT-903M
- V- Block configuration
- T- Turbo charged
- 903- Cubic-inch displacement
- M- marine version
Engine Horsepower and rpm readings
duty speed 90%
- 340 SHP
- Normal idle- 700 to 725 rpm
- Max allowable rpm- 2700
- Duty Speed 90%- 2300 rpm
Marine Propulsion system (reduction gear)
marine gear capacity
marine gear cooler
- Type- Twin disc MG-509
- Ratio- 2:1
- Pressure, Idle- 25 to 70 psi
- Pressure, Cruising- 190 to 220 psi
- Marine Gear oil Capacity- 10 qts
- Marine gear cooler- 1qt
41 operating water temp
165-195 deg f
What is the breaking strength of the Tow line?
Fuel capacity at 95%
Mast height (top of rdf antenna)