Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What's an alternative to diazepam, cheaper, and has less s/e, longer duration?
This is a rescue drug for acute epileptic seizures. It is intransal route, less invasive than rectal route of Diastat
What are some ND for severe closed head injury?
- 1. Monitor neuro status closely
- 2. Preventing & ceasing any seizure activity
- 3. Treat other injuries that may have occureed as a result of trauma
- 4. Maintain quiet environment
- 5. Monitor ICP
Is status epilepticus a life threatening condition?
What are the treatments of status epilepticus?
What is the drug of choice?
Yes, it is is a life-threatening condition in which the brain is in a state of persistent seizure
BLS ABCs, establish IV access, admin of anticonvulsants (benzodiazepines (Lorazepam & diazepam & fosphenytoin)
Diazepam is the drug of choice
What are the assessments in a child w/ febrile seizure?
- 1. Core temp increased rapidly, above 102.2
- 2. Generalized tonic-clonic last seconds to 10 minutes followed by brief postictal period
- 3. Simple febrile sz is generalized seizure lasting less than 10 min in a 24 hr period, & a fever
- 4. Family h/o febrile seizure
What is the treatment for AGN/APSGN?
No specific treatment. Focus on hypertension & fluid volume. Abx if currently have strep
- 1. Give antihypertensives, monitor BP
- 2. Restrict fluid & sodium to decrease edema. Monitor daily weight, I&O
- 3. Bed rest & avoid strenuous activity
However most cases resolve within 14 days
What are some lab findings in nephrotic syndrome?
- 1. Proteinuria (in urine dip)
- 2. Low serum albumin
- 3. Cholesterol/triglycerides elevated (d/t liver producing lipoproteins in response to hypoalbumenia)
- 4. Creatine & BUN elevated d/t damaged kidney function
*increased risk of clotting
What would the nursing management be for a kid with nephrotic syndrome?
- 1. Promoting diuresis (d/t edema)
- 2. Preventing infxn (d/t low albumin)
- 3. Adequate nutrition & growth
- 4. High protein, low sodium diet during edematous phase
- 5. Bedrest or private room if hospitalized
What is a treatment for candidial diaper rash?
When is airway edema evident in burn injury?
after 2 days
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview