Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is sound?
Sound is a source of energy. A sensation your ear feels caused by vibrations of air.
How is sound made?
Sound is made by vibrations in the air.
What does frequency mean?
How fast or slow an object is moving.
What is pitch?
How low or high a sound is?
What is the word for high and low sounds?
What is the word for loud and soft sounds?
what is the word for speed of sound?
How does sound travel?
Sound travels in sound waves
What is an echo or echo location?
Reflects of sound
What are all the parts of the ear?
- Pinna - picks up sound waves and focuses vibration and sends them along
- Ear Cannal - sends sounds
- Ear drum - vibrates when sound reaches it
- Oval Window - drum vibrates the 3 small bones
- Hammer - vibrates
- anvil - vibrates
- stirupp - vibrates
- cochlea - helps to balance movement and hair inside moves. and carries signals
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview