Intro Pharm Ch 10
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When do you use and adult Nomogram?
- if childs weight is more than 65 lbs or
- height more than 3 ft tall
Pediatric IV meds
calculated in mg/ kg
administered in a small amount of diluent
for pediatric IV fluid - hold only 100 to 150 ml at a time - reduce possibility of fluid overloat
only hold hour worth of IV fluid - Nurse must check back every hour to make sure child is recieving correct amount of fluid
For meds in small amount of fluid - drug will fill the tubing from buretrol to patient - Nurse must add IV flush of 20 mL to the Buretrol after meds to ensure patient recieves whole dose
Guidelines for Continuous IV Meds (pediatric)
- 1. Base continouse IV doasges in weight in kg
- 2. Always use an infusion pump and/ or volume control sets
- 3. Use small bags to prevent fluid overload
- 4. Follow institutional requirements for continuous IV infusions
- 5. Determine safe dosage by consulting pediatric text or drug reference
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview