Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
All living thing share the following properties
- 1.- Cellular organization
- 2.- Metabolism
- 3.- Homeostasis
- 4.- Reproduction and Development
- 5.- Heredity
- 6.- Adaptation and Evolution
The sum af all the chemical reactions that take place within a living cell (digestion,cellular respiration, photosynthesis,..) Most of these reactions fall into one of two general categories
Catabolism : is the breaking dowm of complex molecules (proteins,starch, fat and oil,...)to simpler one (amino acids, glucose,...) These reactions release energy.
- The building up of complex molecules from simpler ones, usually requiring energy.
- In summary , metabolism degrades macromolecules into smaller ones, then assemble them in large ones needed for the cell and the body.
- The maintaining of a relatively stable internal physiological enviroment in an organism.
- Example: our bodies maintain an internal temperature at 37 C ( 98.6.F).
Reproduction and Development
- All living things grow and reproduce.
- Reproduction can be asexual and sexual.
Adaptation and Evolution
Motility and Responsiveness
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview