The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Health insurance portability and accountability act of 1996
a confidential communication that a person on the witness stand cannot be forced to disclose
to surrender a claim, privilege, or right the utterance of a false charge that damages another's reputation.
The connection between two or more things.
HIPPA disclosure matters
- 1) personal health information (PHI) security
- 2) Standard diagnosis and treatment codes
- 3) privacy of individually identifiable health information
- 4) requires pt consent for basic treatment
- 5) written consent for nondisclosure required with all persons having access to PHI
- Medical office personnel must
- maintain the same standards of confidentiality as a physician.
examples of privileged communication
- husband wife
- physician patient
- priest and patient
HIPPA doesn't allow individuals to enforce its provisions: